Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths Volume II continues as an international anthology of short fiction on the complex relationship between Life and Death.
“Life asked Death, ‘Why do people love me, but hate you?’
Death responded, ‘Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.’ ”
Most believe that Life promises light, bliss, and wonder. Death scares most with its shadow of mortality, darkness, and destruction. But what if those may be, if not lies, just facets of the complicated entities that bookend our existence? Life does not mock Death but feeds it. Death is not the cessation of Life, but an alteration of existence. What would you do if faced with either truth?
An international galley of authors brings us a second repast of tales featuring the complex relationship between Life, Death, and humanity. From the supernatural to the sublime, these writers, both novitiates and accomplished, serve up a banquet of speculative fiction across a wide spectrum of genres. Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths Volume II will continue to feed your craving for the fantastic.
Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths Volume II LINKS:
- Supernatural, horror, speculative fiction, thriller
- Anthology of short stories
- Over 300 pages of thought-provoking fiction & fantasy
- A mixed-genre collection of tales both fascinating & fantastic
- “The Unchosen” by Trece Angulo
A new fantasy revealing the deadly lies behind The Choosing.
- “Alabama Shaman” by Nathan Batchelor
The South rises again … as golems in this spellbinding urban fantasy.
- “The Burnings” by Michael D. Burnside
A futuristic fusion of fanatics, fear, and faith.
- “Of Thain Blood” by Tara Curnow
A fantasy of a lie driving two brothers asunder.
- “The Knights of the Secret Order” by V. Franklin
Urban vignettes connect the truth and holiday miracles.
- “Grace, Regardless” by Kevin Henry
A futuristic gunslinger faces gangsters and self-delusion in this urban fantasy.
- “Answers” by Kathryn Hore
Two eternal enemies stalk the other only to reveal their true relationship.
- “Finals Week” by Daniel M. Kimmel
A supernatural tale about life, death, and that one exam you wish you had aced.
- “The Lion Devours Its Young” by Paul Lubaczewski
A dark fantasy reveals the fatal truth of character.
- “Portals” by J. Michael Major
This modern fantasy depicts how a picture can be worth more than thousand memories.
- “The Tally Bone” by Lauren Marrero
A historical twist of the supernatural and hidden lies.
- “Bella Muerte” by LJ McLeod
Bewitching mythological creatures entice resort divers.
- “The Truth in the Dark (What Lies in the Dark)” by Paul K. Metheney
Two modern tales combine the supernatural, serial killings, and a hidden truth.
- “My Forever Love” by Donna J. W. Munro
A family’s horrific legacy brings new meaning to “to have and to hold.”
- “Death’s Day Off” by Donna J. W. Munro
Death is the cocoon. The job has rewards.
- “Unfinished Business” by Jay Seate
A haunting supernatural story of familial failure.