Sorry! Call for Submissions is CLOSED for this Anthology.
The Open Call for short stories for Left Hand Publishers’ anthology, Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths, ended Friday, July 28, 2017.
If you have submitted, we will be in contact by the end of August as to whether your story has been accepted into the anthology.
We have received a flood of great submissions. So many, in fact, we will be utilizing some of them in a second anthology, title and theme TBD. If your story is accepted for the second anthology, this is no reflection on the quality of your work (i.e. first anthology stories are NOT better than second anthology stories). The same submission guidelines will apply to both books. We will post an article on this site with details about future anthologies.
Also, if you have submitted a story (or stories) and have not received an email acknowledging receipt in 72 hours (a human editor reviews your formatting, etc., not an automatic email responder), please email us at to confirm.
We were inundated with great submissions. The best of those…
- tie in heavily with the theme, “Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths” – about how Life is a beautiful lie and Death is a painful truth.
- have a nice twist in the end – shock and awe
- are a complete tale with no loose ends
- are fast-paced, well-written stories, with a conflict, strong characterization, and character motivations
- are formatted to our submission standards
We thank everyone who submitted. We were overwhelmed with the quantity and quality of the manuscripts we received. Thank you.