Do you know how to get an ISBN number? Do you know that EVERY book has one? How do you format for POD (Print On Demand)? What size of book? Do you know that the size will dramatically alter your profitability? How do you get your book listed on Amazon to be sold in print? For that matter, how do you get a Kindle format? Or Nook? These are all questions that writers, new to the world of publishing, ask. You may not need to learn the answers. At Left Hand Publishers, we will handle all these details for you at no up-front cost to you! Let’s publish a book!
Publish Quality First
Our reputation as publishers and your reputation as a writer, far outweighs any income received from an inferior publication. It’s possible that after we have mutually discussed any issues, we still have questions of the quality of the project. In that case, we shake hands and part friends. Since we did not publish your book, you owe us nothing except for whatever Optional Services you contracted for. We will release and return your manuscript, including any paid-for Optional Services. Typically, we collect a deposit or payment and your contracted services will be invoiced against that. If you have already received a proof, edits, or any benefit from our work, we will invoice your for those services, before releasing the manuscript back to you.
For example, if you submit a manuscript and book cover for submission to be published, we very briefly review it (we get a LOT of submissions). A variety of things could happen.
- PUBLISH AS IS: We could love it, and prepare to publish it at no up-front cost to you.
- We then contact you and discuss a customized contract for publishing – where we make our money from a commission of sales.
- Consequently, after we agree on terms, we format, publish, and sell your book.
- RETURN & DISCUSS: We could see that it needs editing and return it to you (at no cost at this point). We would very likely offer our optional editing services. Because you have no obligation, you are welcome to take it elsewhere and get it edited.
- RETURN & DISCUSS: Maybe it doesn’t need editing. However the submitted cover design will negatively impact the sales. We will give you an estimate on how we could assist you with a new design. Or you can take it to an outside designer. We need to make sure it fits our technical design specs.
- RETURN: We may discuss with you that your project needs some serious work and just isn’t for Left Hand Publishers.
Protecting Everyone’s Reputation
The bottom line is: we want to publish the best book we can to maximize profits. Profits that benefit you AND us. Putting out an inferior book hurts everyone.
We want you to focus on what you do best: writing.
Left Hand Publishers is NOT a vanity press. We will never ask the writer for an investment or to pay any part of the cost of being published. We provide our publishing services as a percentage of revenue which we participate in, once the work sells. Optional Services are available to writers who need assistance in getting their manuscripts and/or their marketing tools honed for a successful and profitable publishing experience. For various consulting services, outside of publishing, we will provide an estimate in advance at no charge. For more information, contact us at .