Left Hand Publishers announces their call for submissions for A World Unimagined is now closed. The call went out in mid-December and in a little over a month, Left Hand Publishers received an onslaught of excellent submissions for this anthology. So much so, that there will likely be one or two more anthologies derived from these great stories.
A World Unimagined: What’s Next?
Accepted or Declined: At the end of February, Left Hand Publishers will send emails out to all the authors who submitted short stories either accepting them into one of the anthologies or declining their submission as not a good fit at this time.
If your story is Declined: That doesn’t mean it isn’t a good story, it just may mean that it isn’t a good fit for this anthology. We recommend you keep writing and learning more about your craft. Things to keep in mind when submitting to anyone…
- tie in heavily with the theme
- have a nice twist in the end – shock and awe – a surprise ending always makes a story more memorable.
- a complete tale with no loose ends
- fast-paced, well-written stories, with a conflict, strong characterization, and character motivations
- formatted to the publishers submission standards – it’s amazing how few authors take this into consideration and some publihsers will not even look atasubmission if it is not formatted as per their specs. Here are ours. You can download a free template.
- Re-read your story and see if there are any sections, paragraphs, or even pages that have NO impact if they were removed from the story. Less is more. Conscise and clean are better.
- Make sure your story is clear and direct. Many times writers have sections that are filled with metaphysical or metaphorical visuals that are not clear to anyone but the writer. Have beta readers (who will be brutally honest with you) go over it and ask questions.
- Have your story professionally edited before submitting. Typos, plot-holes, poor sentence structure, grammatical errors, and developmental issues don’t get accepted by most publishers.
We thank everyone who submitted. We were overwhelmed with the quantity and quality of the manuscripts we received. Thank you.
If your story is accepted into the Anthology: Once Left Hand Publishers has had a chance to proofread your submission for typos, major holes, etc. we will likely send you back your manuscript with some notes and comments from our profreadingto tighten up the story. Also attached will be an agreement to publish the story. You make whatever adjustments necessary, sign the agreement, and sometimeabout April the first anthology goes online to be printed and sold. The same time it goes for sale, we will send you your author compensation and an electronic version of the completed book.
Left Hand Publishers is NOT a vanity press. We will never ask the writer for an investment or to pay any part of the cost of being published. We provide our publishing services as a percentage of revenue which we participate in, once the work sells. Optional Services are available to writers who need assistance in getting their manuscripts and/or their marketing tools honed for a successful and profitable publishing experience. For various consulting services, outside of publishing, we will provide an estimate in advance at no charge. For more information, contact us at .